Annual Fund Letter 2013
November 15, 2013 - January 1, 2014
As you know, the purpose of the HealthAlliance (HA) Foundation is to support the mission of “exceptional healthcare close to home” for the Mary’s Avenue and Broadway hospitals and for the 60,000 individuals that utilize the HealthAlliance network of services.
The number one priority of our efforts is keeping quality healthcare services in Ulster County — and your generosity and financial contributions make it all possible.
Already, community leaders, physicians, the Auxiliary, hospital staffs, volunteers and loyal friends like you have made a difference. Recent financial support to the HA Foundation through successful events such as the Tulip Ball, Golf Classic and Halloween Bash translates into real benefits for HA Hospitals’ patients, their families and visitors.
Many thanks and credit is deserved for our major sponsors: CD-PHP, Emergency Medical Associates, M&T Bank, Cross River Anesthesiologist Services, Rose & Kiernan, Inc., Rondout Bank, River Radiology, Central Hudson, Basch & Keegan, Mobile Life Support Services, PMA, The Reis Group, Timely Signs, Romeo Chevrolet-Buick-GMC, Toshiba Business Solutions, MVP Health Care, Helsmoortel Realty, Meltzer & Hill Wealth Advisory/LLC, Sickler, Torchia, Allen & Churchill CPAs PC, Ulster Federal Credit Union, and Tonner Doll.
Additionally, the Ulster Savings Charitable Foundation’s grant of $15,000 has ensured the purchase of wireless Point of Care computers, allowing caregivers to securely enter and access patient data at the patient’s bedside. Also, the Dyson Foundation continued its support of the translation services in both hospitals with a grant of $125,000 for 2013.
With the support of these sponsors, local businesses, and people like you, the premier services at our community hospitals are strengthened and expanded. Here’s how your contributions in 2013 are making a difference:
• A HealthAlliance Nurses’ Conference at the Mary’s Avenue campus for more than 150 attendees
• On-line Continuing Education for all HealthAlliance nurses: available to 275 RNs
• New Computers and Medical Journals for both campus libraries
• Education and Training Equipment for HealthAlliance Staff Support
• Emergency Department Equipment for the 18 Exam Rooms
• 17 Wireless Workstations on Wheels for Point of Care services
• Wound Healing Center Nursing National Certification
The HealthAlliance Foundation Board of Directors appreciates your dedicated commitment to quality healthcare this year, and there’s more we’d like to do! Our year-end appeal emphasizes these three areas:
• Community Health & Wellness Programs including Kingston Walks, the Tour de Kingston, and an upcoming Speakers Bureau, available to all local organizations and groups.
• Education & Training for Nursing Staff and Physicians. Recent national certifications and full accreditation by The Joint Commission demonstrate a strong commitment by administration, staff and physicians to keep services up-to-date. In addition, the HealthAlliance Foundation supports local high school graduates entering the healthcare field.
• Technology & Diagnostic Equipment. HealthAlliance Hospitals have completed the national initiative for incorporating the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) for our hospitals — a key to documenting all healthcare visits and procedures. Past equipment purchases include monitors for the Family Birth Place, a state-of-the-art diagnostic Gamma Camera and Wound Healing Center renovations with the addition of the hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBO) chambers.
All of us at the HA Foundation and on the board are driven to ensure both hospitals continue to offer the best care in an efficient and timely manner, close to home. Your additional support and consideration in contributing to these three areas during 2013 is greatly appreciated.
Dr. Glenn L. Decker
Steffen T. Kraehmer, CFRE